This list of essential tips for traveling to Egypt will help you prepare for your trip to one of the most fascinating countries in the world, which we are sure, you will never forget. Known as the land of the pharaohs and marked by the passage of the Nile, Egypt will allow you to discover one of the oldest and most advanced civilizations in history through many of its most famous places. Cairo, where you will be speechless when you are in front of the Pyramids of Egypt, tour the mythical Nile visit ancient temples, look for tombs of pharaohs in the Valley of the Kings or reach the wonderful Abu Simbel, the perfect end to any trip to Egypt.
Based on the experience, we have made a list of what we believe are the best tips for traveling to Egypt. We started!
1. What is the best time? The best time to travel to Egypt is from March to May and from September to November. In this period you will avoid the hottest and coldest months since although the climate is hot and dry for most of the year, in July and August, the thermometers soar above 40 degrees. In case you can only travel in summer, we recommend concentrating all your visits during the first hours of the day when temperatures are still bearable. If you include the Red Sea area to spend the last days relaxing on the beach or diving, the best time is from May to September.
2.Security The current situation in the country has stabilized after a few years in which, regrettably, tourism disappeared completely due to insecurity due to terrorist attacks and the Arab Spring. In recent years, tourism has been recovering until reaching quotas that are beginning to resemble those of its best years, so in principle, we can say that traveling to Egypt is safe. In addition, it must be taken into account that tourism is one of the largest sources of income in the country and the government allocates many resources to guarantee security in all tourist places and hotels. If you travel by yourself, it is advisable to follow the traditional road routes set by agencies and the government to always travel safely. In cities like Cairo, you can move around freely on foot, although you have to be careful with the traffic when crossing the roads and if you take a taxi, agree on the price beforehand. The current situation in the country has stabilized after a few years in which, regrettably, tourism disappeared completely due to insecurity due to terrorist attacks and the Arab Spring. In recent years, tourism has been recovering until reaching quotas that are beginning to resemble those of its best years, so in principle, we can say that traveling to Egypt is safe. In addition, it must be taken into account that tourism is one of the largest sources of income in the country and the government allocates many resources to guarantee security in all tourist places and hotels. If you travel by yourself, it is advisable to follow the traditional road routes set by agencies and the government to always travel safely. In cities like Cairo, you can move around freely on foot, although you have to be careful with the traffic when crossing the roads and if you take a taxi, agree on the price beforehand.
3. Requirements for entering the country To enter the country, in addition to having a passport with a minimum validity of 6 months, you need a visa that lasts 30 days. You can process the visa at the airport of arrival or in advance online on this page. In both cases, the price is 25 dollars and if you pay it in euros they will return the change in Egyptian pounds.
One of the best Egypt tours tip and other countries are to always carry one or more copies of the passport on paper and another in the cloud, either in an email account, in Google Drive, or Dropbox.
4. Vaccines and travel insurance In the case of vaccines, in principle, there is no mandatory travel to Egypt, although we always recommend (and we believe it is very necessary) to make an appointment at an International Vaccination Center and bring the book with the vaccines that you are wearing. Another of the best tips for traveling to Egypt is to have good travel insurance. In addition to insurance, it is advisable to follow a series of basic precautions such as drinking bottled water to avoid the usual stomach problems and always carrying sunscreen and mosquito repellent in the Nile area. In addition to insurance, it is advisable to follow a series of basic precautions such as drinking bottled water to avoid the usual stomach problems and always carrying sunscreen and mosquito repellent in the Nile area.
5. How to start the trip To get to Cairo, you can take a direct flight from home, or fly to Luxor, an option that allows you to start the trip with the Nile cruise and end in Cairo, with a visit to the Pyramids.
From Cairo, you can also catch an internal flight to Luxor or make the journey on a night train. For more information, you can contact us to book a cruise on the Nile with prices and advice.
To make the transfer from the airport to the hotel, if you travel on your own, you can take a taxi, Uber, or book this comfortable transfer, or contact us, and our driver will wait for you at the airport exit.
6. Money exchange To get Egyptian pounds, one euro is equivalent to about 20 pounds, and one USD is equivalent to about 15 Pounds. You can withdraw money at ATMs, or from the exchange houses.
Also remember to always carry a good amount of coins and pound notes, for the usual tips.
7. How to have internet in Egypt? If you want to have internet in Egypt, something very necessary today, especially considering the number of applications we use on our trips and the need to be in contact with our family and friends, you can buy a SIM card at the airport or a telephone store in the city.
8. Travel to Egypt on your own or with an agency Egypt is one of the few cases in which an agency trip can be much cheaper than going on your own. It must be borne in mind that the prices that travel agencies get in this country for good hotels, transport, and guides, can hardly be matched by an individual.
Saving time is also one of the main reasons to take an agency, not having to worry about all the logistics of transfers and hotels. Remember that by going on your own you will have to invest time in looking for a reliable taxi or driver in each city to take you to the temples and hotels. You will also have the difficulty finding a good guide, ideally being an Egyptologist, in your language, if you don't speak Arabic or English, it is essential or highly recommended, to be accompanied by an expert to understand the history of each temple and know how to decipher the interesting hieroglyphs.
For this reason, it is advisable before hiring any trip, to read the itinerary carefully, see the hotels which it includes and the times you will spend in each place.
Check out our amazing Egypt travel packages.
9. Take a cruise on the Nile One of the best tips for traveling to Egypt is to take a cruise on the mythical Nile, the second-longest river in the world. Keep in mind that most temples, except for Abu Simbel who moved it, are located on the banks of the Nile, so in addition to enjoying the navigation you will have incredible visits every day. Most ships make the route from Aswan to Luxor in 3 or 4 days, sailing at night and stopping by day at the most interesting points.
If you travel with us, the cruise will be included, and if you do it on your own, we recommend you book it in advance since it is an experience that we would say is carried out by 99% of travelers who go to Egypt.
10. Top Egypt tour itineraries
The atmosphere in Egypt is great all year round, but the best time to make a tour in Egypt and enjoy it, is from October to April, you can enjoy Christmas tours in Egypt or New Year's Tours. And spring festivals ( Easter ).
After the danger of the Coronavirus, Egypt is one of the security countries you can visit, the situation is very stable now in Egypt, tourists enjoy tours in Egypt, with safe movement and security by the police in every region of Egypt and all tourist places in particular. Securing tourists in Egypt is the most important priority of the Egyptian government.
If you are looking for Egypt tours, best things to do in Egypt and best Egypt tour itinerary, Cairo and Luxor Aswan Nile cruise must be your first priority, visit the pyramids of Giza, enjoy Nile cruise between Luxor and Aswan and enjoy visiting the most important tourist attractions in Luxor and Aswan, you can visit the city of Hurghada or Sharm el-Sheikh Red Sea for relaxation and enjoy a lot of activities there.
Egypt has many tourist attractions that you can visit and enjoy a tour of Egypt different and unique, from the most famous tourist attractions in Egypt: The Pyramids of Giza, The Egyptian Museum, Pyramids of Saqqara, Temple of Hatshepsut, Luxor temple, and many landmarks located in each city of Egypt.
If you are looking for great tours of Egypt and perfect vacation, 5 to 8 days is perfect for a great vacation in Egypt, and you must visit Cairo and the Pyramids of Giza and enjoy the Egypt Nile cruise tour between Luxor and Aswan.
There are many Egypt Nile cruise, we recommend you choose a 5-star luxury Nile cruise, and if you are looking for private Nile River cruise you can choose Dahabiya cruises, it is only for the small-group tour, about 15 people.