Egypt Travel Tips
Your Egypt Tours is committed to travelling in a way that is respectful of local people, their culture, local economies and the environment. It's important to remember that what may be acceptable behaviour, dress and language in your own country, may not be appropriate in another. Please keep this in mind while travelling.
Top responsible travel tips for Egypt
1. Be considerate of Egypt's customs, traditions, religion and culture.
2. Dress modestly and respectfully. Shoulders to knees should be covered, especially when entering places of worship.
3. Ask permission and remove your shoes before entering a place of worship.
4. Ramadan is the fasting month for all Muslims. During this month, no food, drink or smoking is permitted during daylight hours. While non-Muslims visiting Egypt aren't expected to fast, it's recommended to try to avoid eating, drinking or smoking in public during daylight hours.
5. Always dispose of litter thoughtfully, including cigarette butts.
6. If riding an animal, please check that it is healthy, well-fed and cared for.
7. Beachwear is fine for when swimming at beaches, in rivers or when sailing - topless sunbathing is not. Ensure to cover up when leaving the beach and before entering towns or villages.
8. For environmental reasons, try to avoid buying bottled water. Fill a reusable water bottle or canteen with filtered water instead.
9. Please ask and receive permission before taking photos of people, including children.
10. When on community visits or homestays, refrain from giving gifts or money to locals.
11. Try to avoid using plastic bags and packaging.
12. When bargaining at markets, stay calm, be reasonable and keep a smile on your face. It's meant to be fun!