Take a fascinating private tour to Alexandria from Port in the company of your own Egyptologist guide. The second largest city in Egypt, Alexandria has an atmosphere that is more Mediterranean than Middle Eastern and is famous for its Roman remains. With your own private Egyptologist guide to lead the way, you'll enjoy personalized attention on your private tour of Alexandria. As this is a private tour, you can determine the amount of time you'd like to spend at each of the sites you'll visit. Alexandria was founded by Alexander the Great in 312 B.C., and was the capital of Greco-Roman Egypt. Your first stop in this historic city is the catacombs of Kom al-Shuqqafa, a Roman burial site whose family tomb reveals the merging of Egyptian and Roman art and architecture. Descend below ground to visit the tomb and Caracals Hall. Back above ground, continue to Pompey's Pillar, an 82-foot (25-meter) granite column built to honor Emperor Diocletian, who freed the besieged city and brought food to its starving people.
Continuing the Roman theme, the next site your guide will show you is the Roman amphitheater, possibly the best preserved Roman site in Egypt. The site also includes the remains of a Roman street and homes. After lunch (additional cost) you will visit the famous Alexandria Library. In contrast to the ancient architecture found throughout Egypt, the Norwegian-designed building is a striking piece of modern design. A copy of every book published in the world is kept in the library, making it one of the great literary sites in the world. The library also houses several exhibitions relating to the history of Egypt and a display of rare antique books (additional cost).
Walking and relaxing tour around the Montazah Palace and its Green Gardens. Finally, you will transferred back to your cruise in Alexandria Port.
• Pick up services from Alexandria Port & return (by the cruise exit door)
• Assistance of our personal during your tour (if special care needed)
• All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicles
• Academic English-Speaking Egyptologist guide
• Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites
• Mineral water on board the vehicle during the tour
• Lunch meal at local SEA-FOOD restaurant (if option select)
• All Service charges & taxes
• Any extras not mentioned in the program
• Tipping Kitty